blog background

Sunday, January 16, 2011

HIS room...

For those of you who know me I am a little OCD... and in my defense I will say that when I go to other peoples houses if their not OCD I REALLY don't care. HAHA thats a good thing right?? Well my disease is serious haha I HAD to have his room DONE 100% before he came home. Now some of you may think "they don't even sleep in there for who knows how long" well very true. I can't argue with that :) Thats why I say I am little crazy because i can't argue that great point. Anyways, It is all done and we love it. I do sit in there and rock in the chair and just look around and think Holy Moly this is for my kid. So unreal. Am i really ready for this?? Well ready or not here he comes....

My sister in law got my nieces bedding at the orange county swap meet. She would rant and rave about this guy and how wonderful he was. Before we knew what we were having we took a trip to the OC swap meet when we were in California to check it out. WE LOVED IT!!!! He is called the Baby Guy! He has all these different fabrics and colors to choose from. Boy bedding was hard for us to agree on because i didnt want brown furniture and i didn't want everything blue. It seemed like everything we saw was blue and brown. We saw the pattern that we picked out and it grew on us. We now love it. The cool thing about it is that you design it yourself. You pick out the main pattern and add WHATEVER you think looks good with it.  It can be overwhelming, but luckily their there to help you out. His bedding set comes with bumpers, sheet, skirt, and the best baby comforter out there. For way cheaper than you see online. He also does anything extra you may want......curtains, hampers, pillows, changing pad cover, pee pads, car seat covers, bags, etc.  So with that we knew his bedding was a little much so we tried to make the rest of the room a little more calmer :)
My amazing husband surprised me awhile ago when I was in California, I came home and he did the white boarding behind the crib and it was perfect.  Then he said he wanted to make the changing table in the window. Me being OCD, I always ask him questions about his thoughts when it comes to building things, but when he is done I wonder why do I even ask him?? It's always perfect. His brain works that way and mine doesn't so shut up Julie!! haha So his talent and hard work always looks great and makes me so proud of him. Baby Walkers room would not be the same without his daddy's creativity in it :)  As for his name I had a totally different idea that was seeming to be more complicated and annoying. Brandon made that board and I painted the letters and board and there you have it. Something way more simple :) Now as for the chair.. we found it on KSL for 30 bucks (STEAL), painted it and had a friend, Rachel recover it for me. She did a great job and we love love love it. thanks again Rachel!! :) Okay enough of that and I think I am done Blogging until the delivery. Hope it all goes smoothly and perfect for us! As for now I will keep huffin, puffin and wattling my way through each day!

3 comments:

  1. So cute, Julie! I love your creativity. It looks perfect... the usual for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it!! love everything about it! love that it can be a girl's room too! :) so excited to see him. he is seriously going to be so beautiful and you guys will be SO cute!! congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHH! LOVE IT LOVE YOU!!! www.voigtsfamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete